SERVPRO Of East Evansville Provides Green Cleaning
What Is Green Cleaning?
Most Evansville residents are familiar with traditional cleaners that get the job done but have high toxicity and are known to cause respiratory and other medical complications. The green cleaning process also gets the job done but with less of a negative impact to your health and the environment. The goal of green cleaning is to use non-toxic and environmentally friendly chemicals that pose little threat to the air or human health.
SERVPRO Industries, Inc. is a member of the EPA’s Design for Environment (EPA/DFE) Initiative. The EPA/DFE has established a set of criteria for formulating environmentally friendly cleaning products. Our proprietary green cleaning products range from carpet & upholstery cleaners to general purpose cleaners.
Green Is How We Clean
We are proud to offer a green cleaning process that’s proven to be effective at cleaning and reducing health and environmental risk. Protecting homes and businesses in Indiana and Kentucky from harmful cleaning agents is always our goal at SERVPRO of East Evansville. Our goal is to bring our green cleaning process to any water damage, fire damage or cleaning service we perform. For more information on the products we use or our cleaning process please contact us at (812) 471-3132.
Frozen Pipe Tips For Southern Indiana
Frozen pipes can be prevented!
As winter settles in, freezing pipes becomes a concern for many Evansville home owners. Frequent targets of frozen pipes often seen in the Tri-State Area:
Tips to protect and prevent frozen pipes:
- Pipes directly exposed to severe cold
- Outdoor hose bibs
- Swimming pool supply line
- Water supply pipes in unheated interior areas
- Pipes in basements, crawl spaces, garages
- Pipes that run along exterior walls
- Water sprinkler supply lines
Keys to thawing frozen pipes:
- Remove or drains lines not in use
- Avoid anti freeze in lines and follow manufacturers instructions
- Consider adding insulation in basements, attics, crawl spaces or garages
- Keep garage door shut whenever possible
- Open cabinets to allow heat to circulate around plumbing
- Running water, even a small trickle helps reduce freezing
- Avoid lowering the thermostat overnight
- Continue heating your home or business if you are away for travel or extended periods
If you are unable to find where the frozen pipe is located or if the thawing process is unsuccessful call a licensed plumber. If frozen pipes causes water damage at your home or business call a certified water technicians at SERVPRO of East Evansville at 812-471-3132.
- If water trickles when turned on it's a sign of freezing in pipes. Allow trickle to continue even if slow running it will help with thawing.
- Apply low heat to pipe by wrapping an electric blanket or using a hair dryer on low setting.
- Wrapping hot towels around pipes will help with thawing
- Avoid applying high heat or open flame
- If one pipe is frozen suspect others may be and investigate
SERVPRO of East Evansville and IICRC Certification
Certified In What We Do!
What is IICRC certification and why is it important?
When water damage happens it can end up in unexpected places. Detecting the location of water absorbed into materials can be difficult and requires specialized tools and equipment. Water left undetected can result in further damage and expensive repairs.
More than just removing excess water, restorers certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) have the knowledge and equipment to dry your home to it's original condition.
You can trust the experts at SERVPRO of East Evansville!
SERVPRO of East Evansville is IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) certified. The IICRC sets the gold standards for the Cleaning and Remediation industry.
The use of IICRC-certified service professionals is specified in leading manufacturers’ maintenance brochures and warranties.”
SERVPRO of East Evansville is honored to be among the select organizations to receive the IICRC certification. We will continue to provide the same high standard of excellence that you expect from us.
SERVPRO of East Evansville Smoke and Soot Cleanup
A House Fire Can Leave Behind A Prevalent Odor In Your Evansville Home.
Anyone that's ever experienced a house fire can attest, smoke and soot can be very invasive and get into unseen areas within a home.
Facts about Smoke and Soot:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Three Types of Smoke:
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of East Evansville test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
1. Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
2. Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
3. Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
When we go into these situations we inspect and assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action. Each situation varies as does our approach. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today 812-471-3132
Here to Help®
Hurricane Florence has made landfall causing significant flooding and wind destruction in North and South Carolina. In addition to the 90 local Franchises in the Hurricane Florence affected areas, SERVPRO also has a national network of over 1,700 Franchises across the country. Our designated Disaster Recovery Teams have been deployed to the affected areas bringing hundreds of crews from across the nation to help.
You Can Help By Making a Donation Today!
The American Red Cross is working around the clock along the East Coast to help the thousands of people whose lives have been affected by Hurricane Florence.
Click HERE to make a donation
Evansville's Highland Baseball Club
SERVPRO of East Evansville Congratulates the Highland Baseball Club!
It was great to seeing Indiana represented again on the national stage this weekend. The Highland Baseball Club was selected from over 900 teams to play Saturday at Volunteer Stadium in the Challenger Exhibition at the Little League World Series.
The game kicked off with Highland player Allie Shanks singing the national anthem. The kids had a lot of fun and everyone was involved. Even baseball Hall of Fame inductee Vladimir Guerrero was in attendance. He threw out the first pitch, gave players for both teams their medals and even filled in as third base coach.
The team received a hero's welcome back from the Evansville Police Department, Evansville Fire Department, Vanderburgh County Sheriff, Indiana State Police, Scott Township Fire Department and fans from all over.
We are so proud of you. You represented us well.
If you missed the game they are showing it again 9/2 on Channel 9, WNIN.
New Albany Little League
Congratulations and great job by the New Albany Little League team.
New Castle was the last team from Indiana to make it to the Little League world series. The kids from New Albany were just one game away.
The team came up short over the weekend against a team from Grosse Pointe, Michigan in the Great Lakes Region. Their only two losses came at the hands of the same team. They couldn't overcome the pitching and the game was stopped in the fourth inning because of the 10-0 rule to stop teams from running up the score. Hundreds of fans of the team were able to make the drive to see them play at Grand Park in Westfield just North of Indy. I actually stayed in Evansville and watched it on TV. They fell short but they played hard and had fun.
They represented Southern Indiana well!
SERVPRO of East Evansville is a proud supporter of Volunteers of America and we share in their goal of helping to heal our communities.
Their Fresh Start program provides free residential addiction treatment for mothers who are pregnant or involved with the Indiana Department of Child Services. The program allows mothers and children to remain together in a structured and secure facility. The program is provided at no cost to the mother and insurance coverage is not required. The program accept referrals from mothers who live anywhere in the state of Indiana.
Volunteers of America offers behavioral health, residential corrections and support services for veteran families here in Evansville. To learn more about the impact Volunteers of America or The Fresh Start program is having in our community visit: www.voain.org/news.
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage at commercial properties in Evansville are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
About SERVPRO of East Evansville
SERVPRO of East Evansville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of East Evansville provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration services to Vanderburgh and surrounding counties.
SERVPRO of East Evansville is always here to help.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of East Evansville provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of East Evansville arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 - (812) 471-3132
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of East Evansville
SERVPRO of East Evansville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.