Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
American Red Cross + SERVPRO = A Community Prepared
SERVPRO, is a national sponsor of the American Red Cross Ready Rating™ program, a free, web-based program designed to help businesses, schools, and organizations become better prepared for emergencies. SERVPRO of East Evansville believes that preparedness is key to being “Faster to any disaster.”
Keys to the program are the following Five Essential Steps to Preparedness:
- Commit to Preparedness
- Conduct a Hazard Vulnerability Assessment
- Develop an Emergency Response Plan
- Implement your Emergency Response Plan
- Help Your Community Get Prepared
The Red Cross Ready Rating Program allows individuals to assess their readiness for a disaster, so they can take all necessary steps before disaster strikes to protect their property from damage and loss.
"Through the generosity of SERVPRO, the Red Cross will help empower workplaces to re-open more quickly after natural or man-made disasters such as water main breaks, medical emergencies, power outages, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, and fires through the Ready Rating Program," said Tom Heneghan, manager of Business Continuity Programs for Red Cross.
The time to prepare for a disaster is before it happens, having a plan to deal with the aftermath if disaster does strike is just good business and common sense. SERVPRO specializes in disaster restoration, cleanup and repair services, helping to remediate damage, making it "Like it never even happened," for both commercial and residential customers.
For more information on the Red Cross Ready Rating program, please visit readyrating.org.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (812) 471-3132
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 2170 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of East Evansville arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.