SERVPRO of East Evansville Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Anyone that's ever experienced a house fire can attest, smoke and soot can be very invasive and get into unseen areas within a home.
Facts about Smoke and Soot:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Three Types of Smoke:
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of East Evansville test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
1. Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
2. Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
3. Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
When we go into these situations we inspect and assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action. Each situation varies as does our approach. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today 812-471-3132