Recent Biohazard Posts
Biohazard Safety Tips
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call SERVPRO of East Evansville Today! 812-471-3132
Sewer backups and flood water are two common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination.
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of East Evansville Professionals are water damage restoration specialists and have specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants. If you need biohazard cleanup call us today at (812)-471-3132.
Biohazard? Be Redefined... by SERVPRO East (812)-471-3132
The definition of biohazard - "a risk to human health or the environment arising from biological work, especially with microorganisms. Examples include human and animal blood, tissues, and certain body fluids, recombinant DNA, and human, animal or plant pathogens." In more layman terms, biohazardous waste is any waste contaminated with potentially infectious materials.
Mishandled biohazard waste poses a threat not only to healthcare professionals, patients, and local community members, it poses a significant threat to the environment. Biohazard waste that is not disposed of properly can end up in lakes, parks, and other wildlife refuges.
Here at SERVPRO of East Evansville we care for our local community by following federal and state guidelines to properly clean, disinfect, and deodorize all contaminated surfaces and structures. Definitely give SERVPRO of East Evansville a call (812)-471-3132, if you believe you have a biohazard emergency. Be redefined by our local professionals ready to serve our community.
SERVPRO of East Evansville Biohazard & Crime Scene clean up services.
Let us help you clean it up like it never happened
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can cause serious health consequences. Don’t risk it, call SERVPRO of East Evansville and let our trained professionals handle it.
Crime Scene Residues: From the Chemicals used in evidence gathering, to pepper spray and tear gas. It all leaves a residue and an odor. SERVPRO of East Evansville’s professionals are here and ready to clean and restore your business or property.
Bloodborne Pathogens: Bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances that come from a crime, death or an accident. Our professionals here at SERVPRO of East Evansville are prepared to come and thoroughly clean, deodorize and disinfect your home or business.
Sewage Backups: Sewage water intrusions are not just nasty, and smelly. Sewage Backups are also damaging as they introduce harmful microorganisms into your home or structure. At SERVPRO of East Evansville we will come remove sewage contaminates and also moisture. We insure the property is properly disinfected and deodorized.
If your in need of services in Henderson, Newburgh, Jasper and surrounding areas We are here and prepared to clean it up for you. Here at SERVPRO of East Evansville we offer emergency services 24/7 don’t hesitate just give us a call at 812-471-3132
Emergency Do's and Dont for your home
SERVPRO is prepared to help 24/7 with emergency services.
Here at SERVPRO of East Evansville we offer 24 hour emergency service. Evansville and surrounding counties, no matter how big or small the damage is just give us a call any time We are here to help.
Damage from Contaminated Water
- Avoid contact with anything contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after touching anything contaminated by sewage.
- Walk on or through contaminated wet areas. This will cause the contaminated water to spread.
- Turn on the HVAC system.
- Use household fans to dry up any contaminated water. Again, it just spreads.
- Use any personal products that’s been contaminated by sewage water.
(Sewage, Blood borne Pathogens, ETC..)
- Stay out of affected areas.
- If the situation is life threatening call emergency service personnel right away.
- Treat all bodily fluids like they are contaminated.
- Never attempt any cleanup of any kind.
- Touch or handle anything contaminated with bodily fluids
These tips will assist you until SERVPRO of East Evansville professionals arrive. If you have any questions please give us a call at 812-471-3132 we are here to help 24/7.