Safety Tips to Remember When Cooking at Family Gatherings
Fire Safety Tips
Every year millions of families gather to celebrate special occasions, birthdays and more in their homes. What many of us do not think about is fire safety during our gatherings. According to the National Fire Protection Association, cooking is the main cause for home fires and injuries. Here are some safety tips that I found in SERVPRO's November issue of Restoration Newsline provided by the American Red Cross:
- NEVER leave cooking food unattended!
- Check food regularly while cooking and always remain in the home.
- Keep children away from the cooking area.
- Keep all flammable items-pot holders, wood utensils, and paper or plastic goods-away from the stove.
- Make sure to not wear loose fitting clothing while cooking.
- Always clean kitchen surfaces to prevent grease build up.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Make sure all appliances are turned off when finished cooking.
SERVPRO of East Evansville is here to help when disaster strikes. Give us a call any day at any time 812-471-3132