Fire Safety Tips
Holiday Fire Safety Tips
Every year millions of families gather to celebrate Christmas meals in their homes. What many of us do not think about is fire safety during our gatherings. According to the National Fire Protection Association, cooking is the main cause for home fires and injuries. Here are some safety tips.
- NEVER leave cooking food unattended!
- Check food regularly while cooking and always remain in the home.
- Keep children away from the cooking area.
- Keep all flammable items-pot holders, wood utensils, and paper or plastic goods-away from the stove.
- Make sure to not wear loose fitting clothing while cooking.
- Always clean kitchen surfaces to prevent grease build up.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Make sure all appliances are turned off when finished cooking.
SERVPRO of East Evansville wishes you and your family a safe and happy holiday season!