SERVPRO of East Evansville is so excited that April is here. We love Easter, Spring Showers, and especially GRILLING!!! Pulling out your favorite recipe and spending the day at the Bar-B-Q is a tradition looked forward to all winter long, but did you know grilling fires spark more than 10,000 home fires on average each year in the U.S. SERVPRO of East Evansville wants you to have a safe gilling season so here are a few tips to make this grill season the best and safest yet.
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use. Don’t add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already been ignited.
- Never grill indoors — not in the house, camper, tent or any enclosed area.
- Make sure everyone, stays away from the grill, including children and pets.
- Keep the grill away from the house or anything that could catch fire.
- Use the long-handled tools especially made for cooking on the grill.
And if you are choosing to build a bonfire this weekend make sure that you are using only dry material and make sure that all debris is at least 10 feet away. When you are finished ensure that you extinguish the fire, pour water on all embers until the hissing sounds stop. Always keep a fire extinguisher close by when having bonfires or grills going so you can keep any fire damage from spreading in the case of an emergency. If you do have a fire damage know that SERVPRO of East Evansville is a call and ready throughout the entire Grilling Season!